About 2 months ago I talked about family faces as magic mirrors. No matter how hard you try to appease them, some of them would mirror unhappy faces. Their feelings, their concerns count, but at times after you have tried everything to please them and still you get the same kind of reaction the wisest thing to do is to keep your distance and wait for the tides to settle down. Once you have gotten married, your wife, your kids, they become your real family. The faces of your real family will become the real mirror of your life.
When I got married nearly 30 years ago - I have only one thing in mind - I would do everything to make her happy. Having heard of a lot of stories how fabled romances failed and seen some people close to me having a hard time staying married, I never thought it would be that easy. Through thick and thin, through a lot of hardships, and we've had a greater part of it, I never failed to make her smile. That goes the same with my kids - we may have very little of what other families have - but we have a lot of corny jokes and laughter to pass around. And the secret is really that simple - no expectations, do not count other peoples' blessings and allow spaces between your togetherness.
My wife needs very little to get by, just love her and everything falls into their proper places. As for me , she's lovable and I love her so its that's simple - she'll love you twice as much. I hate a lot of things about her but like roses have thorns, you get to bleed a little when stung but it never takes away the beauty of the flower. I have my own faults and she sees them, a lot of times reminding you of the need to change those habits, you get irritated a bit but feel good about knowing that she still cares about how you seem to be to other people. She laugh each time she remember how unattractive I was when we came to be but it also reminded me that she took me for what I am even when a lot of guys were after her. But most of all she makes me feel like a king for at home I hold the TV's remote control and I could switch on any channel I wish to watch without any dissenting opinion. That's the definition of real power at home.
The kids - some concerns from time to time - but no real problem whatsoever. They are the real mirror of one's marriage. They are the real colors of one's home. Our rented house is not much to be proud of for seldom are we visited by friends and relatives. No parties, Christmas decors, or fireworks on New Year - no need for occasions to celebrate - any day could be a special day when we get to share some good food on the table which doesn't come very often. The surest way to take good care of the kids is to take good care of their mother - and that proved to be true in our case. They have managed to get use to the hard life we've had so I say things would be a lot easier for them once they set out a life of their own. Their happy faces are the mirror of what I have managed to accomplice despite the failures and drawbacks in our 30 years of married life.
My wife, my love is the real mirror of my life. She may be not as lovely and attractive as she was 30 years ago but she still have in her the magic that makes me feel that this life is not so bad after all. Real life for both of us starts when the kids leave to create the world of their own. And from then on, we'll see the part 3 of the mirror of our life - the kids visiting us with our grandchildren as we wait for our last days to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment