The chimes of time ring out the news another day is through
Someone slipped and fell, was that someone you ?
You may have longed for added strength you courage to renew
Do not be disheartened for I have news for you ...
It is no secret what God can do ...
What is done for others, He'll do for you
With hands wide open, He'll pardon you
It is no secret, what God can do ...
There is no night for in His light you'll never walk alone
Always feel at home, wherever you may roam
There is no power to conquer you when God is on your side
Just take Him at His promise, don't run away and hide ...
It is no secret ... what God can do ...
What is done for others, He'll do for you
With arms wide open, He'll pardon you
It is no secret ... what God can do
I was once a devout Catholic. I had a good friend in my High School days and we always went to mass on Saturdays. After I graduated I continued going to mass on Sundays, at times with my cousins or anyone I could tow along. I like listening to the sermon and I always got carried away by the songs when the offering of the "ostia". I thought then that being born a Catholic, I saw no problem being one, until I got invited into some Bible expose. That started my search for the "real one", but the more I try to find some answers the more I got confused which is which. I stopped going to church and started listening to more interpretations of the " true faith " but things never added up. I saw a lot of people so willing to share how they discovered the " true God ", but what I saw were people who were more interested in flattering their ego and hypocrites thinking that they are holier than thou.
I had no problem dealing with those kind of people for I enjoyed the debates and the discussions. But those things drove me farther away for what I've been searching for. I got my own share of fun during those days and did a lot of things that I am not proud of. And yet it was in losing your way that life became more interesting, the darker side revealed a lot of how brighter the other side was, and leaving those vices made me feel good about how much I have prospered through the years. The only thing missing now is how I will be able to get back to more comfortable life. There's one thing for sure though, I have felt how blessed our life is and I no longer worried about the future for me and my kids - God has taken good care of me and I am sure that God will take care of those I will leave behind. It is no secret ...what God can do !
No comments:
Post a Comment