Friday, August 19, 2016

All of Us Have Dreams

                                   All of Us Dream A Dream

    

          Everybody has a dream - a dream of one day becoming a big name, to be known, to be admired. Susan Boyle was one of them. She thought of being a professional singer one day and at the age of 47 she auditioned for Britain Got's Talents. By the way she looks, you would easily dismiss her as someone who needs to tighten up some screws for if she has the kind of voice to make it she would have been discovered long ago.

          Standing in front of the judges, you could see the smirk in their faces as she introduced herself and made mention of her ambition. A camera shot of the audiences would reveal the disgust and the "are you crazy look" on their faces. But as she begun to dish out her song the crowd's attitude begun to change and after a few seconds the looks changed into that kind of "amazement". Very seldom have I seen this kind of a turn around, the kind of surprise the crowd and the judges showed as she sang a song that only very few singer could give justice to. its not very often that I too have been moved to tears listening to someone who's looks are not that inspiring - for I too never expected her to be that good. 

         I've had a good run in my 57 years of life and I too would like someday to be able to change the way people view me someone who would have made it big had I used my God given talents. I was standout most of my younger years, enjoyed life almost to the fullest but somehow failed to make a career out of my education. A riches to rags story as most people I know see it - but to try to make them see life as I see it today would be like spitting against the wind. Hardened by experience, living in the edge and losing everything we've worked for, have made me realize the goodness in simple little things. I dare no longer ask myself what is the meaning of life - its us that give life its meaning. Its us that set the kind of measure we measure life with. 

         Maybe I could still make my mark with the years I have left. Maybe the lessons I have learned could be of some value to some people. Maybe there are still some good things I could pass on. The dreams I have before are still there - they were simple - just to be loved by people I love. To learn something new everyday and to appreciated for the things I could impart. Writing all about them I guess would be a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment