Coming from the man considered as the " Time Magazine's Man of the Century ", the comment came as a surprise to his peers and other men of science. Scientists are believe to be agnostics - people who don't believe in God. Albert Einstein argued that everything had been prearranged and we are here on Earth not to create but to discover the wonders of nature. The man himself said that although he doesn't want to involve himself in any religious sect, that " Its either you do not believe in miracles or you consider everyday is a miracle. "
Even today I have to hear a good explanation of his Theory of Relativity that could make a layman understand what it is all about. I have read a lot of them but I still can't picture out how Einstein was able to figure it out. I am not about to give up but I became more interested on how the man lived his life. Unlike other men of science, he believed that everything is controlled and designed by a Supreme Being. He understood that the world is like a puzzle to solved and figured out. He believed that his role was to solve as much of the puzzle as possible and each and every one of us should play a part in deciphering the meaning of life instead of arguing about it.
Its that kind of knowledge that separates us from other creations - there is almost no limit as to what our mind can do if we only put our heart into it. Albert Einstein is one good model to emulate - he loved life, he tried to unravel its mysteries and he shared what he discovered to the world. Different God-given gifts, different fields, different heroes, but they all tried to explore the limits of what they could do in their lifetime. Muhammad Ali, Manny Pacquiao, Bruce Lee, Jacky Chan, Michael Jordan, - those are just a few names that excelled in their field of sports - but they also have different stories to tell.
By no means, they are accidents or freaks of nature. They were there to deliver a message, to teach some lessons and to shape the world's thinking about the things that could be achieved if only we put our heart into it. For each triumph there are dozens of failures but in all it only expands the capacity of the human heart to bear the pains and the trials of trying to figure out what is in store for us. For some it was God assisted accidents that made them great like Sir Isaac Newton when he was hit by a falling apple as he was trying to figure out how gravity works. Alexander Fleming discovered Penicillin the same way through an unintended contamination of a vial he was putting up for an experiment. And biblically, Judas Iscariot was doomed for he was prophesied to betray Christ.
Let me share the words of American President Abraham Lincoln - " If I were to to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how - the very best I can ; and I mean to keep doing so until the the end. If the end brings me out all right, what's said against me won't amount to anything. If the end bring me out wrong, not even ten angels swearing I was right would make a difference. "
I came across this lines as I was watching for the nth time one of my favorite Stallone movie - " LOCK-UP ". Coincidentally the theme song was Evercsince the World Began where the phrase - " Were just another piece of the puzzle, just another part of a plan, a lone life touches the other, with so much to understand ", and so goes the song. A lot of times giving up crossed my mind but there was so much unexplained joy I was feeling in what I was doing that I went on even when we getting hit from all directions. I always say to my self - be like Leone - we only want to do our time.
No comments:
Post a Comment