Wednesday, April 12, 2017

XXXIX. THE POWER OF WORDS

          " If a thief takes my money and I take it back, does that 
                make me a thief ? "

           Just a simple question but it changed the course of destiny.  What was suppose to be a hanging party for Adolf Hitler turned out to be his greatest opportunity to rally his supporters and gained new admirers as he defended himself on the charges of treason. His rise to power was probably the greatest in modern history being only a simple soldier whose sense of nationalism blended with rhetorics hypnotized the entire German nation to seek world domination. His words, his speeches, his leadership, wrote the bloodiest page in the 20th century. Such is the power words can unleash.

          The world spins around the 26 letters of the alphabet. How you arrange this letters to represent your thoughts will spell the difference of your life from that of others. Words is our only means of expressing what is going on inside our mind and our heart, but it is never really enough to picture things out the way we wanted it to seen and felt by the one we are alluding to. The way we say the words, our facial expressions, our gestures, the tone of our voice, the timing, the place, and a lot of other things can greatly affect the message we are trying to convey.  What we say, how we say it, when we say it, where we say it, and to whom we say it, will make or break us. Unfortunately, not everybody is equally gifted. This is the part of our life that we have to figure out ourselves.

          A sign says " You were born an original, don't die a copy". Another one says " Never change your originality for the sake of others for no one else can play your role better than you". Well I guess there is no such thing as originality, its how you say things as if it has never been said before that really counts. What you have thought of was probably been thought of before - its just the way you will use that idea that will give it its significance. Former US president Bill Clinton said that all men are 98 percent genetically the same, but we concentrate on the 2 % part that makes us different from one another. And it is that 2 percent difference that had created all the wars and conflicts that beset our history.

          It took me a lot of years before I came to realize the kind of life I wanted to live. It may not be the ideal one to some, but I can honestly say that I no longer pray for the things I wanted to have.  Everyday when I wake up, I thank God for the added time I could mark on my calendar. It is just that I feel time is slowly slipping by, and I must hasten things up before my failing vision and gout stricken hand could no longer type the words I wanted to leave behind.  Life is fun, life is exciting, and life is designed differently for different people. Maybe our life may not be worth writing about, but given the opportunity and the tools to make something out of a simple life well-lived, I'd say why not ?  

No comments:

Post a Comment